Are you a South African LGBTI organisation or group? Are you interested in the work of the national task team on violence against LGBTI people?
The Department of Justice and Constitutional Development (DOJ&CD) and the Foundation for Human Rights (FHR) are holding a series of provincial workshops to meet the following objectives:
• To increase representativity on the National Task Team (NTT) on Gender and Sexual Orientation Based Violence Perpetrated against LGBTI Persons
• To build solidarity and networking with other sectors to address violence against LGBTI persons
• Understanding local dynamics of violence against LGBTI persons
• Progress report on cases and rapid response mechanism to violence against LGBTI persons.
The first meeting will take place on the 9 December 2013, in Durban. It will be for the provinces of KwaZulu-Natal, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and Eastern Cape.
• Date: 9th December 2013
• Venue: Garden Court Marine Parade, Durban
• Time: 9h00 am till 16h30 pm
Provincial workshops for Western Cape, Free State and Northern Cape will be held in Cape Town on 29 January 2014 and for Gauteng and North West in Johannesburg on 24 February 2014. Venues are to be confirmed.
If you are an LGBTI grouping and would like to attend any of the provincial workshops, kindly contact Sthembile Zuma on firstname.lastname@example.org or Nkele Mphela on email@example.com/011 339 5560.